[rt-users] RT with phone support?

Ricky Jelm rve-jelm at myamail.com
Mon May 19 03:53:47 EDT 2008

Hello,

We are evaluating several ticketing systems and came across RT. Our
agents usually get the tickets by phone and I've seen RT is especially
set up as a mail gateway.

I've found this thread but it's quite old:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/6483?search_string=phone+support

What is the current status on phone support? Basically, I've seen that
one can enter a ticket manually, but I would have to change my E-Mail
address into the e-mail address of the requestor (for statistical
purposes) which is a double problem:

- one has to look up the e-mail address in another system, copy-paste
it into RT (this would be a major burden and probably a no-go for RT)
- minor problem, but still a problem: one has to think of deleting
one's address.

Greetings,

Ricky