[rt-users] Including Scrip as file

Forrest Blount forrestarthur at gmail.com
Tue May 20 10:02:26 EDT 2008

I have a scrip that has a large amount of text matching expressions which
will likely be changed on semi-regular basis.  This scrip will be applied to
several queues, but not to all of our queues, so it would save a lot of time
if it could be applied (like a custom field) to each queue, instead of
created as a separate instance in each queue.  My understanding is that RT
(3.6.4) only allows scrips to work on either global or queue based levels.
If I'm correct, I'd like to accomplish something similar by moving the scrip
code into a perl file that could be included on a permanent basis in a scrip
for each appropriate queue, allowing all of the future changes to be made in
the file.

If this is possible I have a few questions:
- Where should the file be placed to avoid problems on future upgrades?
- Does the scrip in RT need any additional commands other than "do file.pl"
in the action cleanup code?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Forrest