[rt-users] Prevent users from Assigning Owner during ticket create?

Aaron Sallade asallade at PTSOWA.ORG
Thu May 22 13:48:54 EDT 2008

We have a workflow where our customers log in to RT and can create a new
ticket in the Helpdesk Queue. Unfortunately they are currently able to
assign an Owner during the Create process.

I have not been able to find a permission that limits or allows
assigning an owner, it seems to be granted along with the Create Ticket
right.

I have tried to write a scrip that will set the owner to Nobody, but I
get an error in the log stating that I can only assign tickets that have
no owner or are assigned to me.

Ideas?

Aaron Sallade'
Application Manager
PTSO of Washington
"Shared Technology for Community Health"
(206) 613-8938 Desk
(206) 521-8833 Main
(206) 613-5078 Fax
asallade at ptsowa.org