[rt-users] newbie needs help to move ticket to different queue

Sells, Fred fred.sells at adventistcare.org
Tue May 27 12:42:12 EDT 2008

I'm using RT 3.6.6 on centos 5.1.  I'm new to RT and trying to setup the basics on how we'll use it to track trouble tickets in our small IT dept.

My plan was to have a single queue "NewTicket" that was the only queue accessible to all users.  The helpdesk person would look at the ticket and then assign it to an appropriate queue like : "printers",  "access-request", ...

I would think that would be a pretty common workflow management task; but I cannot find a way to do it and google has not produced anything useful.

1. If this is do-able, is there a link that tells me what I'm missing?
2. Am I taking the wrong aproach, and there is a better way to do this?
3. or ?...

thanks for any help you can offer

The information contained in this message may be privileged and / or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying to this message and deleting the material from any
computer.