[rt-users] Changing RT's behaviour on ticket close

stretchoutandwait stretchoutandwait at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:30:07 EST 2008

Hello,

Is there any particular reason why you want a reply rather than a comment?
 I have kept the resolve message as a comment, but then added this template
(which I think is directly off the wiki):

Subject: Resolved: {$Ticket->Subject}

According to our records, your request has been resolved. If you have any
further questions or concerns, please respond to this message.

Comments about the resolution of this issue:

{
my $resolution_comment;
my $Transactions = $Ticket->Transactions;

$Transactions->Limit( FIELD => 'Type', VALUE => 'Comment' );
$Transactions->OrderByCols (
{ FIELD => 'Created', ORDER => 'DESC' },
{ FIELD => 'id', ORDER => 'DESC' },
);

my $CommentObj = $Transactions->First;
if( $CommentObj && $CommentObj->id ) {
$resolution_comment = $CommentObj->Content;
}

$resolution_comment;
}

Then, in the scrips, I think the original on resolve scrip was 10, so I
deleted it and created a 10b.  It is: On Resolve, Notify Requestors, Global
template: ResolveWithExplanation, Transaction Create.   It accomplishes what
we wanted.  Now, since that resolve message is a comment, it can't be seen
by users if they go into the web interface.  Ours don't, but if yours do, I
can see why the resolve message must be a reply.

If anyone has a better way of doing this, I'd sure like to see it.