[rt-users] [SOLVED] Re: RT 3.8.1 Logged out on Search

Bryan McLellan btm at loftninjas.org
Fri Nov 7 16:09:08 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:55 AM, John <nimbius at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> what version are you migrating from?  im certain UPGRADING.mysql applies...
> it says at line 13/14:
>
> If you're upgrading RT from versions prior to 3.8.0 then you MUST follow
> instructions below.

Thanks John, I missed that RT wasn't using the collation when it
originally created the database, despite the database version.
Updating the database collation and restarting apache appears to have
corrected the problem while searching.

Since my mysql server was on another host, I copied
schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl to that host and ran:

perl schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl rtdb root > sql.rtdb
mysql -u root rtdb < sql.rtdb