[rt-users] Self service in RT 3.8.x | SelfService mit RT 3.8.x

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sat Nov 8 19:38:58 EST 2008

Am 07.11.2008 um 10:22 schrieb Emmanuel Lacour:

> On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 09:36:46AM +0100, Michael Bieniek wrote:
>> Hi,
>> is it possible to enable SelfService in RT 3.8.x or must i install
>> modules
>> to enable it? If it is so, can anybody say me whitch modules i have
>> install for this? Has anyone expirience with with SelfService on 3.8?
>>

> SelfService is available in 3.8, no need for third-party modules.
>
> Every "unprivileged" users will be redirected automatically to
> SelfService. "privileged" users can go to SelfService with an url like
> http://..../SelfService/

It should perhaps be said that the users will have to be provided with
a password, so they can actually login.
Search the wiki for "password" (should be the first hit) for a way to
provide users with a random password the first time they create a
ticket.

This is one of the things that I would like Bestpractical to include
in RT.

Rainer