[rt-users] AssetTracker crashes loading asset...raw horsepower solution?

John nimbius at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Nov 11 12:57:30 EST 2008

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Curtis Bruneau wrote:

I think i may have found a bit of a solution to the AT problem.  we're
running on 2 quad-core servers as frontends with 8gb memory each.  the
fault im seeing in AT is due to a timeout in apache waiting for its
backend processes to respond from huge queries...so:

   <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
     AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi

OutputBufferSize 1280000
IdleTimeout 600
   ProcessLifeTime 3600
   MaxProcessCount 8
   DefaultMinClassProcessCount 3
   DefaultMaxClassProcessCount 3

   </IfModule>
IPCConnectTimeout 20
IPCCommTimeout 600

has resolved the AT issue from what im seeing.  queries still take a long
time, but thats just because RT is pulling lots of other data from mysql
that im not certain is even pertanent to the asset/ticket at hand.  could
the speed of the query be increased by changing maxprocesscount to a
higher value?

im running into issues now with the population of a user rights page that
includes 300-400 users...namely:

RT::Group::Privileged Unimplemented in HTML::Mason::Commands.
(/opt/rt3/share/html/Elements/ShowUserConcise line 52)

any ideas?