[rt-users] Win2k Native AD mode

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Nov 20 12:22:38 EST 2008

Robert Munsch wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> I’ve been having Issues™ with my LDAP auth.  I’ve only just checked and
> my predecessor has the DC running at Win2k Native functionality… not Win2k3.
>
> Would this affect ExternalAuth’s ability to do proper LDAP lookups
> against AD?
>

> There’re no NT or Win2k machines anywhere on this network.  I’ve no idea
> why it’s set up like this.

1. It should have no effect, Win2k AD was as shoddy as Win2k3 at doing
LDAP. The interface from outside should be the same.

2. Upgrade the base functionality to 2003. It only takes a few clicks
and if you have no Win2k/NT machines it will make no difference to the
network, it will simple give you extra functionality that you can choose
to use or not.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com