[rt-users] Notify Owner on Steal

Derek Cunningham derek at curis.com
Wed Nov 26 09:33:17 EST 2008

Hi,
I have been away from the lists for a few years.  I just got RT 3.8.1 up and
running, and we are switching over from 1.0.7 (!).  I miss a function from
1.0.7 where, when a ticket was stolen, the old owner would get an email.  I
found the archive here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/79968?do=post_view_flat#79968

Without reposting the whole thing, that seems to bring up the issue, but I
don't see an actual fix in there.  I also looked through the wiki, but again
I didn't find my fix.  Assuming a ticket is owned by somebody (not Nobody),
when I 'steal' the ticket from them and reassign it, the notification only
goes to the new owner, not the old owner.  Admittedly I'm new to scrips but
I don't see how to add this function.

We are still in late 'setup and testing' mode on the new RT, so any advice
or maybe a config setting I missed will be accepted humbly.

I am running RT 3.8.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.

Thanks to everyone who has helped maintain RT over the years!

Thanks,
-Derek