[rt-users] Action::EscalatePriority messing up my ticket history

Bernd Kuhlen -WetterOnline- bernd.kuhlen at wetteronline.de
Thu Oct 9 05:20:44 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I've set up my rt-crontool like this:

0 1 * * * /usr/local/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL --
search-arg "(Status='new' OR Status='open' OR Status = 'stalled')" --
action RT::Action::EscalatePriority >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

and it's working fine. But I don't want it to mess up my ticket
history. I have tickets starting with a priority of 0 and ending with
100 in some weeks time and every night I get a new entry saying that
the ticket priority has changed. These entry are informative if the
priority has been manually changed but not if they just trace the
linear priority escalation done by a cronjob. So after a couple of
weeks I have numerous lines with a "ticket-priority changed" entry.
That's not nice.

I'm new to RT and couldn't find anything about this matter by google
or in any wiki.

best regards,
Bernd