[rt-users] deleting comments and replies from ticket

Bernd Kuhlen -WetterOnline- bernd.kuhlen at wetteronline.de
Fri Oct 10 05:09:49 EDT 2008

Hi,
I found it myself. It's in the book (RT Essentials) on page 71-72.
For those who don't have the book but have the same problem:

move you mousepointer in the ticket history on the hash-sign in the
transaction you want to delete from the ticket. In the URL you'll find
the transaction number (txn=.....) Let's say, your number is 3577.
Then execute the following (as the user having access to your RT)

perl -I/usr/local/lib/rt3 -MRT -e 'RT::LoadConfig(); RT::Init(); my $t
= RT::Transaction->new($RT::SystemUser); $t->Load(3577); print $t-
 >Delete;'

The path /usr/local/lib/rt3 (on my FreeBSD box) might differ on your
system (it WILL differ if you're using Linux, maybe /opt/rt3/lib).