[rt-users] RT upgrade from 3.6.4 to 3.8.1

Jon Tollerton jtollerton at zoominternet.net
Tue Oct 21 14:11:01 EDT 2008

It sounds like you are using a newer version of MySQL.  You must follow
the MySQL upgrade procedures even if you were using MySQL 4.0 or lower
prior to moving to 3.8.1   The upgrade docs falsely give the impression
that this is only the case when moving to MySQL 4.1+ from MySQL 4.0.
Even if everything seemed to be working with the previous version, your
tables need to be converted to the new character set.