[rt-users] Getting the owner of a ticket fails?

kschmitte kschmitte at voiceobjects.com
Mon Oct 27 10:30:33 EDT 2008

Ok. That didn't make it either.

I get the same logging:

Oct 27 14:45:23 support RT: Scrip Auto-Take started. Owner: 10 to be
assigned to 22 ((eval 3065):11)

Oct 27 14:45:23 support RT: Auto assign ticket #124 to user #22 ((eval
3065):33)

Oct 27 14:45:24 support RT:  #124/2807 - Scrip 2 Notify Owner on Owner
Change (/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:252)

Oct 27 14:45:24 support RT:  sent  To: me at .com
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:283)

Oct 27 14:45:52 support RT: Scrip Auto-Take started. Owner: 10 to be
assigned to 22 ((eval 497):11)

Oct 27 14:45:52 support RT: Auto assign ticket #124 to user #22 ((eval
497):33)

Oct 27 14:45:53 support RT:  #124/2810 - Scrip 2 Notify Owner on Owner
Change (/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:252)

Oct 27 14:45:53 support RT:  sent  To: me at .com
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:283)

When I now look with 2 users into RT, I can see the following behaviour:

1) My user1 opens a ticket and chooses "Reply"

    user2 sees the ticket owned by nobody

2) user1 gets a mail "Ticket assigned to you"

    even after a refresh user2 sees the ticket owned by nobody

3) user1 sends the response

    after a refresh user2 sees the ticket owned by user1

The message for the owner change tells me that the owner change was
successful.

Is there a way to find out why this happens?
Or may it be connected with the owner dropdown in a response? When I open
the response, the owner is shown as nobody. As the script then sets the
owner to my user, could it be that the owner is set to nobody again on
submit of my response - and then to me again?

When I set the owner to myself in the dropdown in the response page, I get
three notifications. That's also weird, as I would expect that in this case
the owner is definitly set - and the third notification should not be sent.

Or does RT load all objects in a cache on reply (and takes every information
from this cache as long as the action is not completed)? In this case I
should be able to set a temporary variable to track if there has been a
second call to the scrip?

Thanks for any help!

Kai