[rt-users] assigning tickets

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 29 16:25:37 EDT 2008

Gabriel,

	This is accomplished using privileges and groups. You could also grant
individual Users the right to own tickets in a queue, but that would be
a maintenance nightmare. By default, RT will display on the Owner drop
down any and all members of any group that has the "OwnTicket" right. If
they have "TakeTicket, along with "SeeQueue", then they would be able to
see tickets in a queue and TAKE any ticket that wasn't already owned. If
they do NOT have "OwnTicket" for a queue, then granting the
"StealTicket" would not work. They cannot steal something they are not
allowed to own. So, to make this simple, find out what groups have
rights to the queue in question, and make sure they have the appropriate
rights AND make sure the user you want to own tickets is in one of those
groups. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL