[rt-users] RT 3.8.0 painfully slow on Firefox / Ubuntu

Razvan Cosma razvan.cosma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 19:16:57 EDT 2008

 Hello,
I installed RT a few weeks ago, on Apache/Centos, and while its functions
appear to all work correctly, a big problem is that ticket display screens
are rendered painfully slow if using Firefox on Linux. On Windows, using IE,
everything is snappy, Firefox a bit sluggish, but on Linux scrolling three
pages down in a window renders like a 486 computer opening myspace. I have
checked CPU and memory usage - no signs of overload there, disabled add-ons
and plugins, again no noticeable increase in speed. Can you suggest what
causes this slow redraws? It looks like a Javascript issue, should I blame
prototipe? scriptaculous? Any suggested ways to search for what freezes the
interface?

Thank you