[rt-users] RT upgrade from 3.6.2 - 3.8.1 - No longer seems to be looking at the Requestor Permisions

Kris Lindgren kris.lindgren at data393.com
Thu Sep 4 12:21:57 EDT 2008

Hello,

We have had a couple queues that have been setup and working fine for a
while now, however after the upgrade to 3.8.1 we have ran into an issue.
Anyone can open a ticket in the queue via email, however once they have
opened the ticket they cannot reply to the ticket.  The permissions on
the queue are setup as follows:

System Groups:

 Unprivileged: none

 Privileged: none

 Everyone: Create Ticket

Roles:

Requestor:  ReplyToTicket, ShowTicket

Owner: AssignCustomFields, CommentOnTicket, ModifyACL,
ModifyQueueWatchers, ModifyTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeQueue, ShowACL,
ShowOutgoingEmail, ShowScrips, ShowTemplate, ShowTicket,
ShowTicketComments, Watch, WatchAsAdminCc

AdminCC:  has the same permissions as Owner

Then we have our own User Defined Groups however that shouldn't play a
role in this as the user that created the ticket is unprivileged.

If I modified the Everyone Permissions to include ReplyToTicket then the
user that created the ticket can reply to the ticket without issue.

Under the People portion of the Ticket information it does correctly
list the user that created the ticket as the Requestor.

The email that is given back to the user is the following:

Message not recorded: RE: [Data393 #4554] Testing, permission denied.

>From the rt.log:

[Wed Sep  3 21:51:52 2008] [crit]: Permission Denied
(/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)

[Wed Sep  3 21:51:52 2008] [error]: Could not record email: Message not
recorded: Permission Denied (/opt/rt3/share/html/REST/1.0/No

Auth/mail-gateway:75)

One other thing I am getting a bunch of errors in the log file:

[Thu Sep  4 13:28:32 2008] [warning]: RT::Handle=HASH(0xbae51be0)
couldn't execute the query 'SELECT ACL.id FROM ACL, Groups, Princi

pals, CachedGroupMembers WHERE (ACL.RightName = 'SuperUser' OR
ACL.RightName = 'CreateTicket') AND Principals.Disabled = 0 AND Cache

dGroupMembers.Disabled = 0 AND Principals.id = Groups.id AND
Principals.PrincipalType = 'Group' AND Principals.id = CachedGroupMembe

rs.GroupId AND CachedGroupMembers.MemberId = 5000 AND ACL.PrincipalType
= Groups.Type  AND ((ACL.ObjectType = 'RT::System' AND ACL.O

bjectId = 1) OR (ACL.ObjectType = 'RT::Queue' AND ACL.ObjectId = 6)) AND
Groups.Domain = 'RT::System-Role' AND Groups.Instance = '1'

 LIMIT 1' at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm
line 518

Which as I understand means I need to run the mysql schema script.  The
output of that script is as follows:

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl
line 311.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl
line 311.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl
line 311.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl
line 311.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl
line 311.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl
line 311.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl
line 311.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl
line 311.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl
line 311.

ALTER DATABASE rt DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE ACL DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Attachments DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Attachments MODIFY Content CHAR NULL DEFAULT NULL;

ALTER TABLE Attributes DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Attributes MODIFY Content CHAR NULL DEFAULT NULL;

ALTER TABLE CustomFields DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE CustomFieldValues DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE GroupMembers DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Groups DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Links DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE ObjectCustomFields DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE ObjectCustomFieldValues DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE ObjectCustomFieldValues MODIFY LargeContent CHAR NULL
DEFAULT NULL;

ALTER TABLE Principals DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Queues DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE ScripActions DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE ScripActions MODIFY Argument CHAR NULL DEFAULT NULL;

ALTER TABLE ScripConditions DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE ScripConditions MODIFY Argument CHAR NULL DEFAULT NULL;

ALTER TABLE Scrips DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE sessions DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE sessions MODIFY id CHAR NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

ALTER TABLE sessions MODIFY a_session CHAR NULL DEFAULT NULL;

ALTER TABLE Templates DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Tickets DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Transactions DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Users DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY PGPKey CHAR NULL DEFAULT NULL;

ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY Password CHAR NULL DEFAULT NULL;

If I run the script against the MYSQL database I get the following mysql
error:

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 23: Duplicate entry 'd' for key 1

If I remove this line: ALTER TABLE sessions MODIFY id CHAR NOT NULL
DEFAULT ''; the error goes away.

The problem then is that RT is essentially broke and the only thing that
shows up in the log is:

[Thu Sep  4 15:37:33 2008] [error]: Deserialization of attribute 144
failed (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Attribute_Overlay.pm:235)

[Thu Sep  4 15:37:33 2008] [error]: Deserialization of attribute 144
failed (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Attribute_Overlay.pm:235)

[Thu Sep  4 15:37:33 2008] [error]: Deserialization of attribute 144
failed (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Attribute_Overlay.pm:235)

[Thu Sep  4 15:37:33 2008] [error]: Deserialization of attribute 144
failed (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Attribute_Overlay.pm:235)

[Thu Sep  4 15:37:33 2008] [error]: Deserialization of attribute 144
failed (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Attribute_Overlay.pm:235)

[Thu Sep  4 15:37:33 2008] [error]: Deserialization of attribute 144
failed (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Attribute_Overlay.pm:235)

[Thu Sep  4 15:37:33 2008] [error]: Deserialization of attribute 31
failed (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Attribute_Overlay.pm:235)

Kris Lindgren | Systems Engineer

  <http://www.data393.com/>

Office - 1.303.268.1522
Email -  Kris.Lindgren at data393.com