[rt-users] How to get RT to use Reply-To for returned emails

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 8 14:57:38 EDT 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 2:27 PM, John BORIS wrote:

> In my setup my users are sending emails to RT from a machine where
> their
> email address isn't valid. It is hard to explain. The corporate email
> address for my users is not the same as their login and email
> address on
> the server where the email is originating. We use Mutt as the client.
> The emails are sent from inside a program the user is running.
> It is like this
> User's login to server: joed
> email address on that server: joed at localserver.edu
> Corporate email is joed at corporateemail.org
> REPLY-TO joed at corporateemail.org

Hi John

RT usually looks at Reply-To.  Have a look at
RT::Interface::Email and the ParseSenderAddressFromHead
function.  Is RT assigning the Requestor to the proper
Email but just sending mail to the wrong place?

Assuming these are relatively deterministic and you can write
a regex for the localserver part, you can use the
CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch
and CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace config variables
in RT_SiteConfig.pm   and avoid needing to mess with the Reply-To
parsing.

-kevin