[rt-users] RT 3.8.1: "Tickets" interface logs you out

Chris Searle chris+lists at chrissearle.org
Thu Sep 11 15:16:28 EDT 2008

On 11. sep.. 2008, at 20.47, Tim Rosmus wrote:

> |# 3) a_session should be longblob not longtext (not sure where this
> |# comes from - the etc/schema.mysql of 3.8.1 shows longtext - which I
> |# have kept since it matches the schema file).
>
> Changing to longblob fixed mine quite a few versions back when
> I was having this re-login problem after one upgrade....
>
> Field     Type      Collation   Attributes  Null        Default
> a_session longblob              BINARY      Yes         NULL

OK. Since I'd tried everything else - I gave it a go.

It does appear to work.

Now this I found interesting:

/opt/rt3/etc/schema.mysql

CREATE TABLE sessions (
     id char(32) NOT NULL,
     a_session LONGTEXT,
     LastUpdated TIMESTAMP,
     PRIMARY KEY (id)
);

/opt/rt3/etc/schema.mysql-4.1

CREATE TABLE sessions (
     id char(32) NOT NULL,
     a_session LONGBLOB,
     LastUpdated TIMESTAMP,
     PRIMARY KEY (id)
);

I'm running mysql 5.0.32. So - why the 4.1 schema is fine but the
other one isn't I don't know :) Is it an error in the non 4.1 schema
or ??

Anyhow - I'll leave it at longblob and see how it goes.

--
Chris