[rt-users] Overnight segfault since RT 3.8.1 upgrade

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 15 09:26:50 EDT 2008

On Sep 15, 2008, at 8:55 AM, James Chamberlain wrote:

> It does, but the thing that gets me is that this has only happened
> since I upgraded to 3.8.1.  If I switch back to 3.8.0 - granted, not
> something I should do since there have been database changes - I
> don't have the overnight segfault problem anymore.

The database changes shouldn't be "dangerous", though that's quite
interesting. By "switch back" do you mean restoring the server to an
older version or just switching the RT directory?

Can you catch a stacktrace from the segfault's core dump? Can you make
it dump core without waiting for 10 hours of silence from you users?

-jesse