[rt-users] DB entry encoding problem after upgrade

Christoph Szeppek szeppek at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Tue Sep 16 06:38:34 EDT 2008

Hi rt-users,

After upgrading from 3.6.6 to 3.8.1 every german umlaut in existing tickest
is displayed incorrectly. Umlauts are displayed correctly if I create a new
ticket so I asume there were some changes to the Decoder/Encoder (DB <->
Decoder/Encoder <-> Email/Web) since 3.6.6.

To fix my DB encoding problem I would:
- dump the affected rt tables (those needed for searching tickets, I don't
care about the other tables)
- decode them the old way
- encode it the way it is now done
- update the DB.

Could you please give me a hint on the DB encoding used in 3.6.1 so I can
properly decode the old DB entries? Is it correct that the current DB
encoding is utf-8?

Maybe the reason for my situation is that I did not install 3.8.1 from
scratch, I upgraded from 3.6.6 to 3.8.1 by running "make upgrade" and
extending the rt database by running "rt-test-dependencies" as suggestest by
"make upgrade".

--
Christoph Szeppek