[rt-users] Custom scrip and queue behavior

Les Stott support at cyberpro.com.au
Mon Sep 22 19:50:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

Im using RT 3.6.5, will go to 3.8.1 shortly.

I'm looking for a way to reduce the large amount of emails generated to
watchers of a queue.

Currently we have a "help" queue with 4 watchers as AdminCC's. On
Correspondance or Ticket Create every AdminCC gets notified. While this
is fine what i would like is to not notify the other 3 AdminCC's if I
own the ticket and vice versa. But for unowned tickets i still want to
Notify all AdminCC's.

I know you can modify AdminCC's for each ticket, but with a high volume
of tickets that becomes very cumbersome.

So, my ideal scenario.....

4 users watching the help queue (currently via AdminCC).
Any tickets newly created will notify all watchers.
If user1 "takes" a ticket DO NOT notify other AdminCC's on comment or
correspondance.
If "user2 "takes" a ticket DO NOT notify other AdminCC's on comment or
correspondance.
etc etc for user3 and user4.

That way the amount of email hitting each watcher's mailbox is reduced.

I guess it can be done with some Custom scrip actions/templates, but i
am a novice in this area and maybe someone already does this in a better
or easier way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Les