[rt-users] Custom scrip and queue behavior

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 23 12:37:57 EDT 2008

Les,

	You might want to try and change the way you "Watch" a queue. I would
have 1 person be the "AdminCC' for the queue and grant this person all
sorts of rights when it comes to managing the queue. Then I would create
a group called "Queuename-Support" and grant this group all the
privileges they need to JUST create and modify and handle the general
support work on tickets. Then you remove all those USerIDs from the
Queue "AdminCC" watcher and put the new "Support" group as the "CC"
watcher. Then you simply create a scrip to "Notify CC on create" which
sends the chosen template to the "CC" Watchers (the support group as a
whole) when a ticket is created. I would then create another scrip to
"Notify Owner" when a ticket is created WITH A CHOSEN OWNER, that way,
the other watchers won't get an email. You don't need a scrip for when a
ticket is taken because the person taking it already knows they have
taken it since THEY are the person that TOOK it. If you REALLY do have a
queue manager who assigns tickets, then you might want a scrip to
"Notify Owner" when the ticket ownership goes from "Nobody" to somebody
and was assigned by someone else. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL