[rt-users] Ldap authentication *Easy Question

Auch, Benjamin bauch at jcpgroup.com
Thu Sep 25 17:24:37 EDT 2008

Hi, I'm running 3.8.1 on Ubuntu 8.04 with MySQL, apache2, modperl2 and
LDAP.  (Had Linux virtual machine running on MS virtual server 2005, but
it was a tad slow (no CPU usage though, weird))

My LDAP config uses the Mike Peachey External Auth method, with the hack
for 3.8.1.  My users are prompted for their username and password (from
the RT Self Service page) it uses LDAP to grab their password.  It also
creates an account when they first email or when I create an account it
pulls in the AD info.   So LDAP works great.

My question is:  Can I do more LDAP authentication than I have now?  (I
think I have LDAP overlay?????)  Using an MS domain environment, can the
site grab the users current credentials and pass them through?  IE -
pass through authentication?  (We do this all the time for IIS sites on
our Intranet)

Thanks for your help, loving RT so far.  (Anxiously awaiting the
outbound plaintext to HTML fix )

Also I did have the famed 3.8.1 view a page, prompt for login, view a
page, prompt for login.  All I did was the re-do the install and it
worked.

Thanks

Ben

External Auth: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ExternalAuth

3.8.1 Hacks: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/77286

The information contained in this communication may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended only for the recipient named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, immediately advise the sender and delete the original and any copies from your computer system.