[rt-users] Removing non-custom fields

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Sep 26 03:47:34 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 04:07:43PM -0400, Gabriel Cadieux wrote:
> hi again,
>
> i was also wondering if anyone knows how i can get rid of some non-custom fields
> entirely (or simply not display them at all)? such as the CC: and AdminCC: fields,
> since i have set up RT not to use email in any shape or form (set it up as a simple
> ticket tracker instead, without any emailing capabilities).. although i would really
> like to be able to get rid of those fields on my tickets because they'll be showing
> up every time i create/print a ticket, when they are actually completely useless.

First, do the maximum through permissions setup.
Second, this will not be enough for you I think, you will have to edit
RT html code to remove unwanted thinks, that would be not that difficult
if you understand html and if possible a little bit of perl/Mason.

Have a look here to do it the proper way:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/CleanlyCustomizeRT