[rt-users] Add search to RT System's saved searches

Mathew mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 18:44:18 EDT 2008

Problem:
We are trying to create a query which will be displayed on the RT at a glance page globally.  This search is being created under RT System's saved searches so that it can be seen by all.  In order to figure out how to do this a test search has been created called RT Test.  It consists of a simple query:
Status = 'new'
AND
  (Queue = 'Queue1')
  OR Queue = 'Queue2')

In order to display this, we've added it to RT at a glance under Configuration->Global->RT at a glance but it results in "Predefined search RT Test not found".  I've encountered this in the past but was unable to resolve the issue.  Ultimately I gave up on the idea.

More details:
If I add the search to My saved searches I can add it to RT at a glance without issue as Saved Search: RT Test.  Only when attempting to make it a system wide search which everyone can see by default does the error occur.

I looked at this post to the mailing list:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/41225?search_string=add%20search%20to%20at%20a%20glance;#41225
and copied the MyRequests file to RTTest and edited it to read RT Test instead.  I then added to index.html <& /Elements/RTTest/ &>.  This didn't solve the problem.

Is this a rights issue?  We can't locate any of the rights which would seem to apply.

It seems like, as an admin, creating a query under RT System's saved searches should essentially place this in the user realm.  We're basing this assumption on the fact that after creating the query, it shows up under the RT at a glance options as an add-able module.  Perhaps we're overlooking something important.

Can anyone apply some insight to help us out with this?  It would be greatly appreciated.

-Mathew
--
Keep up with my goings on at http://feeds.feedburner.com/theillien_atom