[rt-users] RT 3.8 - Create New ticket when a requestor send an email with a resolved ticket

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Tue Sep 30 19:21:50 EDT 2008

Hi Felipe,

This sounds interesting.  I think I would try stripping the ticket info
from the incoming e-mail (subject line and header line) and then forward it
to an address set up for the predetermined queue.

So...
1. Incoming e-mail triggers the scrip.  This is the easy part.
2. Modify the subject line to remove the ticket reference.  Not hard to do.
3. Remove the RT-Ticket: header.  I don't know how to do this, but I'm sure
it can be done.
4. Forward the message to the other queue's address without adding an
RT-Ticket: header or putting the ticket info into the subject line.  I came
up with one way to do the subject line part a while ago
(http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/SendEmail).  Blocking the RT-Ticket:
header will probably require some digging into RT's code, but it shouldn't
be Really Hard if you are comfortable with perl.
5. RT receives the e-mail and creates a new ticket in the other
queue.  This is the easiest part because it's what RT already does!

Not trivial, but you'll learn a lot about RT if you pull it off.

Or, if you're lucky, someone else will post a much easier way to do this.

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC