[rt-users] Set due date from extracted field?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 6 12:42:55 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 12:00:01PM -0400, Curtis Bruneau wrote:
> Does anyone know if you can set the due date based on a string/field in
> the e-mail/body.  I'm using ExtractCustomFieldValues for custom fields,
> the functionality would be similar. I know this could be an issue for
> the queue option (due in x days), ideally it could override that if
> specified. I imagine I'll need a custom scrip for this. Has anyone tried
> to do this or has a good Scrip reference to get started?

Just use this feature from ECFVs

<cf-name>     is the name of a custom field (must be created in RT)
              If this field is blank, the match will be run and Postcmd
              will be executed, but no custom field will be updated.
              Use this if you need to execute other RT code based on
              your match.

You can call SetDue on the ticket

-kevin