[rt-users] Notify a group

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 17:16:03 EDT 2009

Hello Nick,

RT-Action-NotifyGroup is exactly what you need. It can notify one RT
group, many RT groups, group and list of particular users. Note that
this extension is part of RT 3.8 and you shouldn't install anything.

I don't understand why people need command line access. And there is
no need to duplicate members of a group.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Nick
Kartsioukas<change+lists.rt at nightwind.net> wrote:
> Is there a way, within a scrip, to send a notification to an RT group?
>
> I'd like all members of a group that have permissions in a particular
> queue to be notified when a ticket is created in that queue, but I don't
> want to set them as Watchers because they don't necessarily want to
> watch all traffic on every ticket that goes through that queue.  I found
> the RT-Action-NotifyGroup extension, but I don't want to have to
> duplicate the list of members in a group (this is a step that could be
> easily missed in the future when adding more users to the group, and
> those adding users to groups may not have shell access to the machine RT
> lives on).

Best regards, Ruslan.