[rt-users] e-mail requestors preauthentication?

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Tue Aug 18 18:06:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 17:54, Michael Bravo<mike.bravo at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, that would be a cop-out, but would kind of defeat the whole endeavour.
That's an interesting characterization of free advice that doesn't meet your
changing criteria.

> Perhaps I wasn't clear enough - I already have a large number of customers
> entitled to e-mail support. And they do have the magic codes. Also, for the
Yes, which they could use to authenticate.

> considerable majority of my customerrs, e-mail is more accessible and
> convenient than web. At least to start the support request. As such, the
> workflow I outlined is more or less a necessity - accept e-mail, parse the
> magic code, and either auth the user and create the ticket, or autoreply and
> no ticket.
Then, you're going to have to do a lot of monkeying around with an
RT::Interface::Email::Filter. I'd start with the existing SpamAssassin.pm
(Fail if sender + magic cookie are invalid). You don;t get a lot of control
over the failure message though.

But really, the "Email" thing is a red herring. All you really need to
do is have
all inbound tickets go into a (temporary queue), and use a scrip to
verify tickets
and move the legitimate ones to a real queue / reject the freeloaders.
This should
be very simple with ExtractCustomFieldValues. See recent thread on doing
something with a dummy CF field value.

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.