[rt-users] This transaction appears to have no content

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 21 16:14:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:37:50 -0400, testwreq wreq <testwreq at gmail.com>
wrote:

> RT guru's: when an ownership changes or when the ticket has no comment,
> the ticket content produces  a message
>
> "This transaction appears to have no content"
>
> We would like to change this default message to "This transaction has
> been updated. Please see above the changes"
>
> Any suggestion on how I can accomplish this?
>
> Thanks in advance, rq.

That message is coming from code in a template, something like this:

{$Transaction->Content()}

So you could modify the template code to read:

{
my $out = "";
if ($Transaction->Content() eq 'This transaction appears to have no
content') {
    $out = 'This transaction has been updated. Please see above the changes'
} else {
    $out = $Transaction->Content();
}
$out;
}

or more simply

{$Transaction->Content() eq 'This transaction appears to have no content' ?
   'This transaction has been updated. Please see above the changes' :
   $Transaction->Content();
}

Haven't tested the code so there may be typos, but the general idea should
work.

Steve

--
Stephen Turner