[rt-users] Logs say: mason_handler.fcgiindex.html, browser missing css, gives me 404 on initial login

Hugh Esco hesco at campaignfoundations.com
Wed Dec 2 01:36:22 EST 2009

This is my fifth RT install and the second server I've put this
application on.  The first four installs were on the same Debian
machine. This one is the first on this centOS box.

I get the login form and logo
(http://rt.ourdomain.com/NoAuth/images/bplogo.gif),

but no css, or any other images.  Then after an initial log-in with
root:password, I get only a 404 error.

Anyone recognize those symptoms?

While rendering the login page, it writes to /var/log/httpd/error_log,
thirteen invocations of this error:

script not found or unable to stat:
/usr/local/rt/vp/rt3.8.6/bin/mason_handler.fcgiNoAuth

The 'mason_handler.fcgiNoAuth', with no space before the 'NoAuth' looks
awfully suspicious, but I have no idea where that might be generated.

Then, when I try to log in, I get this error:

script not found or unable to stat:
/usr/local/rt/vp/rt3.8.6/bin/mason_handler.fcgiindex.html

Again, with the no space after the '.fcgi' . . .

I tried adding an extra space at the end of the lines in my vhost
container.

FastCgiServer /usr/local/rt/vp/rt3.8.6/bin/mason_handler.fcgi
-idle-timeout 120
ScriptAlias / /usr/local/rt/vp/rt3.8.6/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

without changing the result.

What is it I might be missing here, please?

CentOS, apache (from yum), mod_fastcgi-2.4.6 (from source).
RT 3.8.6 from source.

--
Hugh Esco
http://www.CampaignFoundations.com/

if( $insurance->rationing() ) { $people->die(); }