[rt-users] Requester details in query

Randy Smith perlstalker at vuser.org
Fri Dec 4 12:09:49 EST 2009

Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 03:36:42PM -0700, Randy Smith wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I want to create a printable report that lists open tickets in a queue
>> that includes requester details including phone and address.
>>
>> Is there a way to do that with the query builder or do I have to whip
>> out my perl-fu and write a custom report.
>>

> Randy,
>
> We populate custom fields with the requestor information at
> ticket creation since it does change over time and this allows
> us to know, for example, from which department the request
> originated. If you do that, you should be able to simple add
> the appropriate CF's to your report.

I'm populating the user's detail fields using ExternalAuth and LDAP. I
don't like the idea of pushing that info custom fields when it already
exists elsewhere but it's certainly an option, perhaps for the room
number. It doesn't make as much sense for things like requesters phone
number though.

I'll have to think about that a bit.

--
Randy Smith