[rt-users] Adding AdminCC on ticket creation fails without ModifyTicket right

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 4 12:29:59 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 11:58:18AM -0800, Nick Kartsioukas wrote:
> I currently have permissions set on tickets such that only the ticket
> owner has the ModifyTicket right.  If I create a ticket, and on the
> ticket creation screen set someone as AdminCC, and submit the ticket,
> the ticket is successfully created but I get a permission denied error
> on adding the AdminCC.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature...I
> would think that a privileged user creating a ticket should be able to
> set an AdminCC (for a manager or someone else who wishes to follow the
> ticket details), but the order in which RT creates the ticket prevents
> that from working (ticket created, then a separate transaction to add
> the AdminCC).  This problem does not exist when adding a normal CC on
> ticket creation.
> If I create the ticket with myself as the owner, it does allow me to set
> AdminCC, but in our setup a privileged user (as a member of one
> particular group) does not have ownership permissions in all the queues,
> but we do have create ticket permissions in other queues.
>
> Any ideas if there's a way around this?

The code is rather explicit about this.
If you're creating a ticket and try to add an AdminCc it either wants
your user to have ModifyTicket or for you to be adding yourself and
for you to have WatchAsAdminCc.

If you care to look in the code, see Ticket_Overlay.pm's Create
method, the loop at 534 and then the contents of the AddWatcher
method.

-kevin