[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth processing question

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Dec 9 10:19:05 EST 2009

boxyzzy at gmail.com wrote:
> Scenario:
> public_LDAP - university LDAP server
> dept_LDAP   - departmental LDAP server
>
> I have RT::Authen::ExternalAuth configured to use dept_LDAP for
> authentication and public_LDAP for additional information via:
> Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [   'dept_LDAP'  ]  );
> Set($ExternalInfoPriority,    [   'public_LDAP'  ]  );
>
> The problem/curiosity is that when authentication fails using
> dept_LDAP, RT::Authen::ExternalAuth still tries to retrieve additional
> information using public_LDAP.  When authentication fails, I don't
> want/need additional information.  This seems unnecessary.
>
> Am I missing something?  Do I have RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
> incorrectly configured?

It would depend on your setup as to whether it's truly necessary or not,
but it does it so that certain information definitely gets updated. For
example, IIRC whether the user is disabled or not is an Info thing not
an Auth thing, so updating the Info is worth doing.

It's not perfect and it's been a long time since I've touched it.. but
if you want to change it, you know where the source is :)

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com