[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth processing question

boxyzzy at gmail.com boxyzzy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 10:14:39 EST 2009

Scenario:
public_LDAP - university LDAP server
dept_LDAP   - departmental LDAP server

I have RT::Authen::ExternalAuth configured to use dept_LDAP for
authentication and public_LDAP for additional information via:
Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [   'dept_LDAP'  ]  );
Set($ExternalInfoPriority,    [   'public_LDAP'  ]  );

The problem/curiosity is that when authentication fails using
dept_LDAP, RT::Authen::ExternalAuth still tries to retrieve additional
information using public_LDAP.  When authentication fails, I don't
want/need additional information.  This seems unnecessary.

Am I missing something?  Do I have RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
incorrectly configured?

Thanks, in advance, for your help,

Mike