[rt-users] Stripping attachments for outgoing mail for specific queue

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 9 11:10:17 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 03:59:04PM +0000, n.chrysandreas at albourne.com wrote:
> I am creating a new queue in my RT (3.8.5) system. As users will be sending a fair amount of attachments, I would like to strip the outgoing emails of these attachments in order to keep their mailbox size low. So users will still get email for any comments/correspondences but not the attachments.
> Is there any way that RT can strip the attachments of outgoing mail for a specific queue?
> Does anyone know if this is possible in any way?
>
> I was thinking maybe I can achieve this by modifying the system queue scrips (that are : "on action" Notify "someone"), but don't really know how if it is possible or how to achieve this.

Create per-queue templates for the Correspondence/Comment-related
templates (depending on exactly which people you don't want to
receive attachments) by copying the template content from the
global templates of the same name, and remove the

RT-Attach-Message: yes

line from them.

You shouldn't need to modify the scrips as long as you name the
per-queue templates after the global ones, so they will automatically
override them, I believe.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team