[rt-users] UpdateCc, clickable addresses bug?

BALINT Bekeny bekeny-rt at docca.hu
Thu Dec 17 07:43:41 EST 2009

Hi List,

I have the following problem in 3.8.6 (sorry I can't try it on 3.8.7 now).
If I have a header line in an email like this (or in Cc field):

To: "'Foo Bar'" <foo.bar at foobar.hu>
of
To: 'Foo2 Bar2' <foo2.bar2 at foobar2.hu>

on the Update.html page (UpdateCc component) RT generates the code:

<input

id="UpdateCc-foo.bar at foobar.hu"
name="UpdateCc-foo.bar at foobar.hu"

    type="checkbox"
    onClick="checkboxToInput('UpdateCc',
'UpdateCc-foo.bar at foobar.hu','"'Foo Bar'"
<foo.bar at foobar.hu <lt%3Bfoo.bar at foobar.hu>>' );
$(UpdateIgnoreAddressCheckboxes).value=1"

     > Foo Bar

and a very similar one for foobar2 entry.
In that case if I click on one of those checkboxes, the address doesn't
appear in the one-time-cc field.
I tried it with the same result in the latest version FF, IE, Opera and
Chrome.
In error console I can see the following error:

Error: missing ) after argument list
Source File: https://rt.foobar.hu/rt3/Ticket/Update.html?Action=Comment&id=X<https://rt.pontez.hu/rt3/Ticket/Update.html?Action=Comment&id=273>
Line: 1, Column: 74
Source Code:
checkboxToInput('UpdateBcc', 'UpdateBcc-foo.bar at foobar.hu','"'Foo Bar'" <
foo.bar at foobar.hu>' ); $(UpdateIgnoreAddressCheckboxes).value=1

It seems that ' disturbs the generated JavaScript code.
Is it a known issue? Or a Bug? Or a Feature?

All help is greatly appreciated!
--
Bekeny