[rt-users] Custom Field values are being deleted on ticket modification

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Dec 18 11:36:04 EST 2009

Luis,

Then I am confused. If you have installed RT and are simply trying to
set values for some Custom Fields before the customer uses RT, then why
not simply use the "Bulk Update" feature? If you can identify the
tickets in any way, that would be the way I would do it. I had a
customer that added 1700 tickets 'en masse. What he did was put
"bulk-specific" info in the "Subject" field that allowed us to identify
the records we wanted to "bulk update" with certain CF values. It took a
little time, but worked like a charm. Sorry that's all the help I can
provide.

Kenn
LBNL