[rt-users] RTFM and bulk update

Dallas Wisehaupt dallas at craigslist.org
Tue Dec 22 17:28:07 EST 2009

We are looking at trying to use RTFM to do bulk comments on a set of
search results. I have been able to get the BeforeMessage Callback set
and Bulk.html updated so that the article can be searched for and
included on the bulk update page. The code is essentially ripped from
share/html/Ticket/Update.html and inserted into a local version of
Search/Bulk.html.

However, I've run into a snag/oddity, if I choose an article to
include and select the Go button, the ticket gets updated with the
content of the article and returns to the bulk update screen.

This has 2 main downsides, we get no Results div which shows that the
Message was logged, and we get a comment/correspondence for each article
that is included. If we try to add articles 1, 2, and 3 to a ticket we
get the following logged in the ticket and sent out via scrips:
     comment:
     article 1
     comment:
     article 2
     article 1
     comment:
     article 3
     article 2
     article 1

The behavior I would expect is that of Ticket/Update.html where multiple
articles could be included and the ticket is only updated when the
Update Ticket button is used.

Has anyone successfully set up RTFM for use with the bulk update
screens?

Thanks.

Dallas

RT - 3.8.6