[rt-users] rt-3.8.6 is already installed... Error code 1

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 03:03:28 EST 2009

Zach Boettner wrote:
> I meant to send this in my last email. What is wrong with the following? I
> am getting HTTP 403 error when trying to access
> http://servername/rt/index.html
>
> Alias /rt/ /usr/local/share/rt38/html
> <Directory "/usr/local/share/rt38/html">
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> PerlRequire /usr/local/share/rt38/bin/webmux.pl
> <Location /rt/>
> AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler RT::Mason
> </Location>

Please keep the rt-users mailinglist in the loop rather than sending to me
directly.

You want something like this for your Apache conf:

<VirtualHost rt.example.org:80>
    ServerName rt.example.org
    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/share/rt38/html"
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    PassEnv PATH

    ## Uncomment the following, change port number to 443 above and obtain key and
    ## cert if you want HTTPS:
    #SSLEngine on
    #SSLCipherSuite RSA:!EXP:!NULL:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-LOW
    #SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/www/apache22/certs/rt.example.org-cert.pem
    #SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/www/apache22/certs/rt.example.org-key.pem

    <Directory "/usr/local/share/rt38/html">
        Options none
        AllowOverride none

        Order Deny,Allow
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    PerlRequire /usr/local/bin/webmux.pl

    <Location /NoAuth/images>
        SetHandler default
    </Location>
    <Location />
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

This assumes:

   * Apache 2.x
   * You have a separate rt.example.org hostname that is only used for RT
   * RT is based at the root of the site.

To make RT appear in a sub directory ... ie http://rt.example.org/rt/ you need
to add an alias before the <Location> sections:

   Alias /rt/ /usr/local/share/rt38/html

and then add a leading /rt/ to the locations:

    <Location /rt/NoAuth/images>
        SetHandler default
    </Location>
    <Location /rt/>
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

However you arrange the site, you will have to make sure that RT_SiteConfig.pm
conforms to the same layout.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3