[rt-users] FW: Quick Ticket Creation widget - how to remove it?

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Fri Feb 6 08:43:07 EST 2009

Rob Munsch wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Kenneth Crocker <KFCrocker at lbl.gov> wrote:
>
>> Jim,
>>
>>        I'mnot sure, but I think you have to remove that particular entry from
>> the ATTRIBUTES Table for each user that has selected the feature on
>> their home page (3.6+). Also, you need to remove it from the
>> RT_SiteConfig.pm file. I removed it from mine -
>> "Set($HomepageComponents, [qw(Quicksearch MySupportQueues MyReminders
>> RefreshHomepage)]);". Hope this helps.
>>

>> Kenn
>> LBNL

This will work for anyone who has not customized they At A Glance yet,
but I don't know of a way to remove it if someone has, since the layout
is stored as a serialized hash in the database.  In a pinch I suppose
you could remove that file, but that may stop their home page from

Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst
Network Resources Department
Raymond Walters College