[rt-users] WG: change Queue order !!!

J Alexson jalexson at jajxn.net
Wed Feb 11 09:49:09 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 16:49 +0300, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> Just curious why you want to create Low, Normal, High and other queues
> when you have Priority field?

Good question!  The main reason is to keep things as simple as possible
for the user.  Each of the queues has appropriate defaults (such as
priority, due in # days, etc.)  Rather than trying to instruct my users
(primarily requestors) to fill in these values correctly (and honestly,
getting them filled in at all), I can simply have them create a ticket
in the right queue based on the nature of their problem.

> Anyway, you can add special portlets and instead of one QuickSearch
> block you'll have three, for example:
> * first one with Low, Normal....
> * other queues
> * approvals

That would be great for the Quick Search, but the sorting order also
comes into play using the drop-downs (moving a ticket to a different
queue, for instance)