[rt-users] Sending multipart messages from templates

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 13 16:01:31 EST 2009

On Feb 13, 2009, at 2:29 PM, Andy Jones wrote:

> Hi, folks.
>
> I'm interested in making our correspondence from RT a little
> prettier-- that is, including some HTML.  I've created a template that
> uses HTML successfully and the message appears to be working just
> fine.
>
> The problem I'm running into is that some folks in our office don't
> use email clients that display HTML.  I'd like to send a multipart
> message, but I can't seem to get the configuration right-- if it's at
> all possible.  Has anyone figured this out?  I've combed through the
> archives, but I haven't found anything dealing with this particular
> issue.

RT 3.8.2 generates a multipart alternative email when you use
an html template.  From Template_Overlay.pm's _DowngradeFromHTML

   $orig_entity->make_multipart('alternative', Force => 1);
  #make a plain text version of the original html templage in
$new_entity
   $orig_entity->add_part($new_entity, 0); # plain comes before html

This played well with mutt and Mail.app

-kevin