[rt-users] Updating the schema for a contribution

Brian Gallew geek+rt at cmu.edu
Sun Feb 15 02:49:28 EST 2009

In preparation for updating our RT installation to 3.8.x, I've re-done
my quick SPAM handling modification.  I can (and will) distribute the
necessary files, but it would be really nice if I could package it up a
little more nicely.  One of the things I need to do is replace two
queries:  "Search - My Tickets" and "Search - Unowned Tickets".  I've
created and initaldata.SPAM file which can trivially be used to insert
the new queries, but there doesn't seem to be a way to convince
rt-setup-database to drop the existing queries first.

So, what's the best way to handle this.  Is there a recommended way to
add random SQL to an initialdata file?  Should I just draw up a not to
tell the owner to delete those rows?  Inquiring minds want to know!

FWIW, there is a wiki page at:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/QuickSpamHandler