[rt-users] CanonicalizeUserInfo in Email.pm - "Name in use"

Lars Kristian Klykken lars.k.klykken at met.no
Mon Feb 16 12:59:16 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 05:41:57PM +0100, Lars Kristian Klykken wrote:
> Users are properly authenticated on the web interface, and they also
> have no problem sending mail to RT, as long as they're using the email
> address defined in RT at createtime (or modified manually in the
> preferences), but as soon as they try to send an email to RT with one of
> the LDAP defined aliases (specified as 'mail' objects) it will be
> bounced with the reason 'Name in use'.

I have now solved this issue by rewriting the aliases through an LDAP
lookup on the MTA on the RT server. In this case, Postfix.

main.cf:
  local_header_rewrite_clients = hash:/etc/postfix/smtpservers
  sender_canonical_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/canonical-ldap.cf

canonical-ldap.cf:
  server_host = ldap.example.com
  version = 3
  search_base = o=example.com
  query_filter = mailalternateaddress=%s
  result_attribute = mail
  domains = example.com

.../Bosse
--
Lars Kristian (Bosse) Klykken, Senior Engineer      Tel. +47 22963068
Server Operations / IT Division                     Fax. +47 22696355