[rt-users] Still tryin' to merge tix with matching CFs

Rob Munsch rob.munsch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:43:59 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Jeremy Burke <jburke at crypticstudios.com> wrote:
> I have this working in my RT 3.8.2 installation.  It isn't a very busy system and I have yet to notice any performance issues.  We only get about 50 tickets per day and it has less than 5000 tickets in the system.
>
> First, you need to setup and use the RT Extension to extract custom fields. http://search.cpan.org/~alexmv/RT-Extension-ExtractCustomFieldValues-1.8/ (There is a newer version 2.0 out which I have not used yet)

I'm running 2.0 of ECFV with my 3.8.2 - works perfectly, except i
don't know how to tell it to stop looking after first match.

> Custom action preparation code:
> 1;

Interesting - why this, instead of leaving it blank?

> my $TicketsObj = RT::Tickets->new($RT::SystemUser);

I have no idea what this means.  That is, i imply it's gathering
itself to cycle through all existing tickets, but i'm not sure what
new(system user) has to do with anything.

Is this sort of basic info covered in the O'Reilly book?  I'm having a
hard time finding a comprehensive list of the various $meanings and
$parts.

My only remaining issue with this function now is that, as mentioned,
the last match with ECVF always wins - i am searching the body for my
CFs, and multiple matches replace previous.  I'm not sure how to
constrain a given CF to the first match found, as that's always the
one i want, and later mentions are always historical in context ("This
value is now foo.  Value previous to this was blah," etc., and i end
up with blah in my CF instead of foo).

Thanks Jeremy, this was driving me nuts.  I do not understand enough
about to role of prep vs cleanup to have known i needed a return in
there - was leaving blank.  Was also splitting match code and merge
code into prep and cleanup respectively.  Neither worked...

Rob

--
/chown -R us:us /yourbase