[rt-users] Still tryin' to merge tix with matching CFs

Rob Munsch rob.munsch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:50:13 EST 2009

> I have this working in my RT 3.8.2 installation.  It isn't a very busy system and I have yet to notice any performance issues.  We only get about 50 tickets per day and it has less than 5000 tickets in the system.

This has been working.  Incoming tickets are scanned for CFs, then
merged when the CF i'm looking for matches.  Now here's a funny
story...

I can't create any child, or refers-to, or any other sort of new
ticket linked to this one.  It has the same CF value, and is being
Created, so.... it gets instantly merged into the original ticket...

The only workaround i can think of is to restrict the search and merge
to a queue, and create linked tickets outside that queue, but that
isn't very satisfying and means explaining to everyone why they can
never have two linked tickets in the same queue.  Anyone have a better
idea?

--
/chown -R us:us /yourbase