[rt-users] ERROR 1062 during 3.4.5 -> 3.8.2 database update

Jim Faulkner james.faulkner at yale.edu
Thu Feb 19 15:00:33 EST 2009

Just wanted to follow up on this.  I was able to work around the
"Duplicate entry" mysql error by modifying the "ALTER TABLE" command that
caused the problem to be "ALTER IGNORE TABLE."  The IGNORE mysql extension
is described on this page:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/alter-table.html

Basically it will delete any duplicate rows encountered.  This is fine for
my purposes, because I am confident that any duplicate rows in the Users
table were caused by spam e-mails.  I will be running rt-shredder and
rt-validator as well to delete any spam tickets associated with those
users and make sure that the RT database is OK.

Jim Faulkner / james.faulkner at cs.yale.edu
Systems Administrator, Linux Systems Design & Support (LSDS)
Yale University Information Technology Services (ITS)