[rt-users] Still tryin' to merge tix with matching CFs

Raed El-Hames rfh at vialtus.com
Fri Feb 20 11:14:48 EST 2009

Hi Rob;

What happens if you create the ticket first, then update /modify it
adding the CF and link relationship after ..
Its more clicks for the users but may work for you ..

In a way  I think there is some contradictions on what you doing, you
want all tickets with the same CF to merge , but at the same time you
want some not to

Regards;
Roy

Rob Munsch wrote:
>> I have this working in my RT 3.8.2 installation.  It isn't a very busy system and I have yet to notice any performance issues.  We only get about 50 tickets per day and it has less than 5000 tickets in the system.
>>

> This has been working.  Incoming tickets are scanned for CFs, then
> merged when the CF i'm looking for matches.  Now here's a funny
> story...
>
> I can't create any child, or refers-to, or any other sort of new
> ticket linked to this one.  It has the same CF value, and is being
> Created, so.... it gets instantly merged into the original ticket...
>
> The only workaround i can think of is to restrict the search and merge
> to a queue, and create linked tickets outside that queue, but that
> isn't very satisfying and means explaining to everyone why they can
> never have two linked tickets in the same queue.  Anyone have a better
> idea?
>
> --
> /chown -R us:us /yourbase

*Roy El-hames *